WARNING: Always wear safety glasses and protective gloves when installing.
STEP 1: SET UP AND INITIAL CLEAN
- Gloves must be worn at all times
- Tape off any areas that you do not wish to coat
- Clean the surface to be coated with the LIGHTCLEAN wipe provided.
Immediately remove any residue with a clean, dry drag. Ensure the surface is 100% clean and dry before proceeding.
STEP 2: APPLICATION
- Squeeze the LIGHTSPEEDTM CLEAR COAT onto the provided
- Gently apply one thin coat of LIGHTSPEED
- Make sure there are no heavy runs or sags in the LIGHTSPEEDTM
CLEAR COAT. You’ll have anywhere between 5 to 10 minutes to touch these up.
Lightspeed prevents marine growth adhering to the surface of underwater lights. This provides a boat owner with;
Asset protection and damage prevention,
Reduced time and effort during cleaning,
Increased lifetime of the light,
Improved performance of the light.
As a fouling preventative coating for underwater lights.
Binder type Solvent Colour Finish
Theoretical coverage Recommended film build Shelf life
- Silicone polymer
- Aromatic/Aliphatic blend
- Clear coating
- 20 minutes touch dry, 8 hours hard @ 20°C - Between 8 hours and 5 days at 20°C
- 0.1m2 / 15 mL tube, around 4 lights
- 75 microns
- 3 years
STEP 3: DRY TIME
- LIGHTSPEEDTM requires a minimum of 8 hours to dry before
launching. In cold conditions, 5-13°C (40 – 60°F), we recommend at
least 24 hours drying before launching.
- LIGHTSPEEDTM is not adversely affected by sitting out of the water for
extended periods of time in warm or cold climates.
- Zero toxic substances
- Good fouling prevention properties - Clear coating
- Long service life
- Easily recoated
- Soft coating, care required to prevent mechanical damage
- Must be removed completely when recoating
- Contains silicone and careful use is required to prevent contamination of other surfaces
- The Propspeed system is not recommended nor approved for use in aquaculture or contact with food products.
Contains organic solvents including xylene. Do not expose to naked flame or high temperature heating equipment. Avoid skin contact. It is recommended that a barrier cream or gloves be used for hands and eye protection is worn. Always ensure adequate ventilation when painting.
UN No.: 1263 Class: 3b Hazchem: 3Y Packing Group: Ill
Do not store close to naked flames or near high temperature heating equipment.